From today’s New York Post:
L.I. TEEN: BELL MADE ME TACO ILL
A 16-year-old boy says he suffered “severe and permanent personal injuries” after eating food from a Long Island Taco Bell.
In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, James Robinson, of Rockville Centre, says he “experienced great pain and suffering” and was hospitalized with E. coli poisoning after his mother picked him up some dinner at a now-shuttered Taco Bell in Hempstead.
The incident took place in mid-November – weeks before word of an outbreak of E. coli poisoning at several northeastern Taco Bell outlets became public.
I note that the venue selected was Manhattan, more liberal than the very conservative Nassau County where the boy lives and where the restaurant was located (and where I grew up). I have to assume that the venue choice of Manhattan was based on the location of either the restaurant franchisee or the merchant that supplied the vegetables. Taco Bell HQ is in California.